Thursday, April 19, 2007

The New Funk Coalition Era

it's not a hat; it's a flag. under the banner of _____ (Krakauer).

Yellow Brick Road
(or) yellow brick road (or) devoted to the art of moving butts (or) amateur thought wrestling (or) i pledge allegiance to my cosmic guide (or) couldn't fit in three dimensions if i tried

"activate your mind and push your ass out"
I'm slowing losing the sense that this is destiny, or pre-destination, or anything particularly noteworthy or even, out of the ordinary. It's mundane. I've just been living in the dark too long. And I wasn't sure who my shepard was (samuel l? q tarantino?); or who they were. I knew who He should have been; but he died. And not exactly for my sins. He just died; you know? The reasons don't matter; the results do. Look forward never backward, etc. 20/20 panoptic vision. Cyclops? Nobody. X(avier) marks the spot.

But looking back, having the time to reflect, and discover why I'm attracted to things I do, I see that it's not a set up, a game, a conspiracy theory, or even a fight club. It's just the blinders removed from a race horse; and now, I'm ready to run (but not too fast). Seriously. Walk, Trot, Canter, Gallop...Regulators, mount up. Charge of the (DragonLance)Light Brigade. Ride of the Valkyries. KWagner to RWagner. Locke to Demostheses. Hegemony. Shadows. Immortality, it's (y)ours, take it. To the mattresses. We've all got (e)mail. Drizzt.


Yeah, it's stranger than fiction; but it's not an adaption -- it's based on a true story. On the Road, without the Electric Kool-Aid (but we'll take the Circus). Dharma Bums. Big Sur. And this isn't the way (my) world ends; not with a whimper; but with a bang. The Hollow (Multiple) Men. I thought I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by _______.

Do you see what I see? Do I see what you guys already see? Yeah, I do. Thanks.

"The Blues has always been totally American
As American as apple pie
As American as The Blues
As American as apple pie
The question is why?
Why should he Blues be so at home here?
Well, America provided the Atmosphere"

You, what do you want to be when you grow up? I (don't) want to be a motherfucking hustler. Libraries, there's libraries in the hood. Scholarships. If I were president. JFK, blown away, what more do i have to say? john "jack" kennedy. pt-109. dallas. onassis. bermuda triangle. camelot. merlin and arthur. "we are the knights that say neigh!" what is our favorite color? white. the color of justice, purity, defense, stability, and team work. banding. first strike. white weenie. chaotic good. suicidal queens. diplomacy. andre rison on the left, michael haynes streaking down the right. speed? hyper.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

"Upside down and inside out
I'm about to show all you folks
What's it's all about
Now it's time for a brother to get on the mic
And make this mother party hype
I'm taking it back to the old school
'Cause I'm an old fool who's so cool
If you want to get down
I'm gonna show you the way whoomp there it is
Let me hear you say"

No comments: